Wakame Wonder


Simply Sensational




Wakame is one restaurant that has been in the top for a long time. They dont do much drama, they dont make much noise, but they are a well established brand for everything Japanese. They take Japanese cuisine to another level, their chefs are pure artisans. The vibe here is pure fine dining, classy, magnificent. When ever I visit Wakame its pure magic.






I had recently visited when they had their special theme and this time it was the return of one of the excellent hits the Sri Lankan theme. The Ceylonese Seafood is a culinary and a visual treat for the talented folks at Wakame, taking the Island Paradise Cuisine to another level.

Started with their St. Clare's spice tea and Kurunegala sunshine, excellent flavour mixes both refreshing and delightful. Next we started off with hot butter king prawn and negombo rock lobster, well Sir, I had to stand a give a round of applause for these amazing dishes. I will not go into much of the ingredients detail, as its yours to come and taste it. I am a Sri Lankan and I was amazed by such flavours. The prawns was served with Dosa and the Lobster with godamba rotti.





Next we had the calamari hot pot and king fish curry. The calamari was served with a devilled chilli sauce served on string hoppers. Another hit by the team of chefs who are spearheading this fantastic journey, I was looking for a flaw on anything, but couldn't find any, such was their eye for detail and perfection,

The dessert was one of a kind,  a crunchy Ceylonese hopper, served with a scoop of vanila ice creme and salted caramel sauce. Simply delicious. Wakeme was such a magical experience for me. I love to keep coming back here. They will never disappoint me. Wakame, you guys are exceptional.


Wakame - Sofitel Dubai Downtown Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments