The Yellow Monkey - Thai Cuisine Tales

The Yellow Monkey - A New Thai Restaurant



The minute you step into this place, you feel as if you are in a large play area for adults. Lovely yellow theme going all around and not to mention the many Monkey drawings. Forget about that, further to these you would see tables and chairs suspend from the top, where you can sit and enjoy the amazing Thai Cuisine they have there, gently swaying. The design, interiors and the smiles of the staff have already won me over and not its time for the food to entice me.





Started off with the Monkey BAE a kicking mix of blackberry ( the fruit :) ) basil and soda, Loved it.
Next we got the Prawn tom yum soup. They kindly asked me how spicy I wanted it and I told me to hit me with what they got and man they punched me. The soup was fantastic and spicy and this is the soup that I would want when I am down with a cold or a nose block, man this was a killer, loved it.  The ingredients and a prawns used here was fresh, you can surely make out the difference of good quality ingredients and this was not frozen but fresh.Next was the Green papaya spicy salad. Again, I asked this to be spicy and they didn't let me down. They ingredients they used here is fresh, and top class and the spiciness was making my pores to open out, I was loving it.





The Dimsum is a must have in this place, they have quite a variety and we took the seafood saffron, chicken bokchoy and red cabbage and chicken dumpling. You will note that the dishes will have four dumplings and all in good size. Loved the prawn infused with saffron and kaffir lime was a nice touch to the normal seafood dumplings The chicken wrapped in bokchoy was nice too.




Its time for mains now and we got a variety from the menu, the usual Pad Thai, yellow curry with beef and Haiananese beef. The portions were good, and the flavours were fantastic. Pad thai, was pad thai, they have left it untouched and it tasted great, The Beef curry was full of flavours due to the hair herbs and leaves used. Loved the full and wonderful flavours of Thai in each dish presented. The Haianese beef is like the Biryani which is served with a broth poured on top. Loved the first few bites and then the flavours took another turn, which I can say was missing something.
Dont know if it was due to the initial pour of the broth on top or something else. Will try again and identify the factor which I can do without. Overall, these guys have nailed it. Loved the dishes tried so far.




For the Dessert we skipped the traditional sticky rice but opted for their special offering of sweet sensation. They have introduced their Macaron Sandwich and Breaking bread. The macron was good enough for two which was covering home made salted caramel ice creme. cookie dough, dark chocolate brownie. This was sensational, a perfect balance of sweetness when you take a bite of it. The break bread their ambitious take, the brioche bun they use here is baked here fresh, which comes in homemade cardamon and pandag leave ice creme. Liked the presentation and the effort but all the ingredients where not coming into play magic. Maybe a bit of tweaking, may change it for me.


Honestly I had a great time here, enjoyed some fantastic dishes and loved the service here. The place is lively and cozy, bang in the heart of JBR, what more you could ask for, they even have an outdoor seating area as well. You surely will love the place and let the monkey inside you out here, as I did.

The Yellow Monkey Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments