My Govinda's - A Landmark Restaurant


My Govinda's - A Sattvic Culinary Journey




I have gone past this place a million times, but it was last week I actually made  a trip here, where I was invited to try their new menu addition. They are a class part in the offering Sattvic cuisine. This was a first time for me to try Sattvic cuisine. In definition  Saatvic diet is a regimen that emphasizes on both raw and cooked seasonal foods such as fruits, dairy products, nuts, seeds, oils, ripe vegetables (except onion and garlic), legumes, and whole grains. This in it self is  whole new ball game and I was eagerly looking forward to be treated.





We started with Pani Puri shot glasses which was served as we took our seats. It was fine, loved the presentation of the puri on top of the shot glass, so its kind of deconstructed, loved the engagement here. Then came the smoke paneer tikka, loved their take on this, loved the presentation and the taste, nicely done.





Next we got the spicy thai cigar, the presentaion again here was photo friendly, long rolled cigars on brandy glass. The taste was a let down as I was expecting Thai level spicy but this was more of a cheese spring roll. The next on the tasting menu was the kidney bean kebab, again I admire their ambition in taking a twist and making it into a kebab, but the dish it lacked a bit flavour, I hope they rethink this one to make it a tad bit flavourful.

The avocado naan toast was nice, loved the flavours. the guacamole and sour creme dip was nice but the toast was a bit too hard, once you folded the naan it broke easily, was a bit messy but the flavours were good.





The Ratatouille rice was one of my favourities. which had smoked egg plant and zucchini topped with some beans gravy. this you could continue having and not feel heavy at all. The dessert they called it the Awadi malai tukra, which they do a live presentation on your table,  a perfect dessert to end the evening as it was not too sweet.






Overall, an excellent evening and the company of fellow food bloggers made it more delightful. I would visit this place again to try their other menu items. Service staff was a bit under preasurre, trying to sort the packed house. I wish them well and wish they would made a few tweaks, the menu is going to be top notch.


My Govinda's Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments