Ayuwbowan Awaits You

Ayubowan - Truly  Sri Lankan



I have known this place for a long while and being a Sri Lankan I have been invited and had many chances to visit this restaurant in the last many years but I never had the time or the sense of urgency to visit. Maybe the distance, I dont know, but I never had visited them until last week.




So, last week I took this journey with my another blogger friend of mine, who was about to try Authentic Sri Lankan cuisine for the first time. The restaurant was look grand from outside, perfectly lit indoor and a seating capacity of around 40 people outside, which by the way is a good deal for the now pleasant weather. The service staff at the entrance, without missing a beat say "Ayubowan" which was the way to greet in all politeness in Sri Lanka, albeit in the Sinhalese language.



After taking our seats and while going thru the menu we were treated to 4 shooter glasses of fresh drinks,  tender coconut drink, Passion, Wood apple and Abarella.  Trust me, there were  simply amazing. It's been along time since I had these fresh and in only Sri lanka you get these but these guys had it.  Loved it. Wood apple drink has been my favourite from small days and that has not changed. Loved it, truly wonderful

The for the main we ordered an assortment of items. but before that  I need to mention about  Fish cutlets, made from Tuna, was splendid, dipped that with a bit of Chilli sauce, man the flavours through the roof. Next was the Gotokola soup, this is a traditionally used as a healthy leaves with nutritious contents. The soup was an excellent take, lacked a bit of flavour but hey this was healthy.



We got the  Pol rotti, like a hard pancake made from dough mixed with grated coconut. Then we had hoppers, strong hoppers and Kottu rotti. All of these are must have as a Sri Lankan. The mains were served with a prawn curry, polos, ambul thiyal and pol sambol. Just writing these is making my tongue salivating. Not saying cause I am a Sri Lankan, but I truly enjoyed these. They truly reminded me of my years back in Sri Lanka, where these were a daily offering on our table and now this has become a luxury, not in the sense of money but in the Priceless, pure enjoyment.




We ended our time here with some of the best Sri Lankan Desserts, Watalapan, Lawariya. My evening was getting better with these. These guys have got the right ingredients, spices and herbs. They got everything right going on here. With the weather changing and people going out for a nice meal, Ayubowan must be one of those places that you should not miss.


Ayubowan Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments