Tamarind Terrace


All Things Kerala

 I was recently invited to Tamarind Terrace, a newly opened Kerala restaurant in Karama, You may wonder why another K restaurant and that too in the overly populated area, but once you dine in here you will know why they ventured into opening this. There is ample packing space in front of the restaurant, just make sure to put your parking ticket on.

They have an outdoor seating area as well, which was pretty much empty on a hot summer evening but when you step in, you are greeted with pleasant happy faces and a fine combination of simple interiors. You get finer small areas which depict some homely elements of Kerala. The beautiful  Thangassery Arch, white brick wall, sporadic splash of yellow, part iron doors all add to the olden glamour of their home town. The seating is ample, easily 80 people can sit inside and another 40 outside and for a place which opened under two months the place was buzzing. There was even two sets of crowd celebrating their Birthdays there. So far, fantastic.


I was served by the charming Aneesh how proudly displayed the menu and explained about each item. He suggested that I try the Chaka, Manga mulagu, which was an terrific mix of ripe jack fruit, and mango blended with touch of pepper and sliced green chili. I loved the flavour extremes here, sweet and spicy in one sip, for me this was the winner. I ordered Prawn poriyal and Crab Thullichatu. These were fine dishes with homemade spices and rubs, you take time to experience and taste the different ingredient used here, but if in doubt. just ask them and they are more than glad to explain. Out of this two, the Crab really stole the thunder for me.








Kuttanda Fish and Kappa I ordered for the main. The fish was perfect, cooked well and the smell of the curry I can still remember. That was not spicy even though it look red, an uneatable combination with the Kappa.  One thing to note here is the portion size here and for the price they charge its value for money. They have not held back on the food offering, they want the customer to enjoy an
authentic Kerala affair.  They have their signature Milk Cake which I was told by Aneesh, to  be good. I didn't hesitate to order, and I was expecting a cut size piece but then I was surprised. What they brought was a neat cake, well presented in a decent sized round glass with a cherry on top. That was  fine dessert and a perfect balance and that was a terrific way to end a fine evening at a newly opened restaurant, Happy.

It was my pleasure to meet the restaurant manager Mr. Sibu and the man behind the concept Mr.Cedine, it was great to see the passion both of them had of the brand. I wish them all the best.



Tamarind Terrace Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments